Friday, December 4, 2009

A song that is brought to my attention is “Hotel Room Service” by Pitbull. The song begins automatically with a selfish ambition in mind by saying “I want everybody to stop what they’re doing.” Pitbull suggests that his ambitions are more important than anyone else’s and so therefore desires more attention than any single individual. The song soon progresses into the bridge which states “Forget about your boyfriend and meet me at the hotel room.” He automatically assumes that the female, in regards to the song, has no concern for her boyfriend or his emotions. So already Pitbull is presenting himself as selfish as well as an arrogant lady’s man.

The most graphic of Pitbull’s song is directly after the chorus “I’m the plumber tonight, I’ll check your pipes Oh, you the healthy type. Well, here goes some egg whites.” This part is a graphic visual of the regard Pitbull gives to women. He continues on by saying “Now gimme that sweet, that nasty that gushy stuff”. My question is what about the nice guys? The ones that have a tendency for respect and an appreciation to what love really is. It would appear that if you are in High School your chances are slim. I feel as if there is a gap that needs to be bridged in how we view relationships and the way we go about "progressing" them.

No comments:

Post a Comment